- Restricted content
Like most electronic devices, digital cameras need extra
care when being handled. They have sensitive components
that may be damaged by improper handling.
We therefore came up with several tips to help you maintain
your camera so that you can use it for a much longer time.
1. Keep your camera from getting wet unless it is indicated
that it is waterproof. Otherwise, moisture will build up
inside it which will destroy your camera's internal
2. If you are using a rechargeable battery for your camera,
the time will come when it no longer works as well as it
Typical Lithium Ion batteries last up to 500 cycles after
which a decline in its performance can be noticed. Dispose
of your batteries properly and replace them with new ones.
3. Always keep your lens clean. This is especially the case
if you have a digital SLR as its lens is more complex and
need better maintenance. Read your user's manual on how to
maintain your camera's lens.
4. Avoid dropping your camera. As mentioned earlier, your
camera contains sensitive equipment which may be destroyed
due to excessive shaking or impact.
5. When shooting pictures in the sea, make sure to protect
your gear by waterproofing it well. Salt water can corrode
Therefore, you should gently wipe its surface with a cloth
dipped in fresh water to rinse off remnants of salt water
on your camera. Wipe it dry after.